The real advantages of using a mail forwarding service for your business
As a small-business owner who is responsible for every aspect of running your office, you know that handling the daily mail can eat up a good portion of your workday. You don’t want to let the mail pile up, so part of every day is spent sorting through it, deciding what’s junk, what can be saved for later, and what you have to take care of right away. Documents have to be filed; certain things must be shredded. It all adds up to a major interruption of your day. Fortunately there’s a great solution – using a mail forwarding service will put time back into your day and give you the confidence that your mail is handled professionally.
When you use a mail forwarding service, your business mail will be delivered to a secure, professional address where it is opened by a virtual assistant who will handle it according to your explicit instructions. Consider these benefits of using a mail forwarding service:
Eliminate junk mail. A mail forwarding service will take junk mail right out of your office. Solicitations and flyers and advertisements for things you don’t need will be discarded without distracting you for a second.
No more clutter. The virtual assistant at your mail forwarding service will not only toss out junk mail but will also scan your important mail and send it to you electronically. If you need hard copies, they will be sent to you, or you can ask to have them shredded at the forwarding service.
Secure package delivery. When you work alone from a small office, it’s easy to miss a delivery when you’re out at a meeting or running errands. That means extra time spent rescheduling deliveries or running to the post office to pick up packages. With a mail forwarding service, packages will be delivered to your designated address and handled according to your instructions. You can make arrangements to pick up or receive the items at your convenience, on your schedule.
Delegate the details. You receive lots of correspondence that has to be answered but doesn’t necessarily require your personal attention. Your virtual assistant at the mail forwarding service can respond to general inquiries for information, acknowledge testimonials from customers, and even deposit checks for you.
Stay in the loop when you travel. Returning from a business trip means spending hours going through a week’s worth of mail. It’s frustrating and time-consuming, and when you use a mail forwarding service you won’t have to worry about it again. Your mail will be handled promptly and efficiently while you’re away, and you’ll still receive scans of the important mail while you’re on the road.
These benefits show just how much a mail forwarding service can help you run your business more efficiently. You’ll have more time to be productive, and you’ll have the confidence of knowing that your mail is being handled by professionals who are working with your best interests in mind.
You can afford an office when you use a virtual office solution for your small business
As a small-business owner, the cost of renting office space makes your head spin. In fact, it’s most likely the reason you’re working from a small space in your home, doing all of the office tasks yourself. Sure, you’re saving money, but you’re also feeling like a hamster on a wheel, doing the same things every day, trying to find time for the actual work that makes your business exist.
Fortunately, there is good news that can change your business, and your life. Choosing a virtual office solution will make it possible to have the office support you need without spending tons of money on renting space and hiring staff.
Does this sound too good to be true? It isn’t. Here are a few ways that choosing a virtual office will change your perspective and show you how to have the office you need:
• A professional image. A virtual office is the perfect solution for helping you to have a smart, professional image without renting space in a high-end neighborhood. Your virtual office includes a professional address in a recognized business district; clients won’t know that you work at home. Your company will project a professional, reputable image that a home address just can’t provide.
• The privacy you need. You know the frustration of holding meetings in coffee shops, with the noise level and lack of privacy. When you use a virtual office solution, you and your guests can have coffee in a modern, fully equipped conference room in a corporate setting. Your guests will be greeted by a professional receptionist, who will lead them to a room that’s equipped with the technology you need for your meeting, including internet, fax/scanner, conference- and video-calling.
• Experienced administrative assistance. Your virtual office will provide you with the expertise of a professional virtual office assistant who will provide whatever level of help you require. You can hire an assistant who has experience in your field and whose goal is to maximize your efficiency and productivity.
• Boost your bottom line. A virtual office is much more economical than renting and furnishing your own office. Your virtual assistant will have access to all the technology and equipment needed to do your work, saving you lots of money on computers and supplies
If rental rates scare you but you want to project a professional image, take advantage of these virtual office benefits. You’ll save money on rent, equipment and staff while you improve your company’s image and increase your productivity. There’s no down side to choosing a virtual office; it’s the perfect solution for your business needs.
Use a virtual office to expand your business to the United States
Opening a business in the United States, or expanding your company into a US location, is an exciting prospect. You’ve worked very hard to reach this point, and you’re eager to make the move as quickly as possible. But it takes time to find the right location and then interview candidates until you’ve found the best staff. Fortunately, you can reduce the time and money involved by choosing to open your US business with a virtual office.
Using a virtual office for your new location offers several benefits that will save you money and help expedite the process of opening your US office. Consider these options and how they can streamline your new venture:
Virtual business address. Choosing a virtual office gives you the advantage of a virtual business address. This option means that you won’t have to pay high rent for your new space. Your virtual office address will be in a recognizable business district, showing potential customers and clients that your business is professional and competitive. This added edge to your company’s image can go a long way toward instilling confidence in your clients.
Mail forwarding service. Your virtual US office will include mail forwarding service; all of your mail and packages will be delivered to your virtual business address, where they are received by trained handlers who will carry out your specific instructions. For example, envelopes can be scanned, and when you review the images you can tell your service what you want done with each item – forward it to you, shred it, return it – saving you the time of handling every piece of mail.
Dedicated administrative assistance. Using a virtual office for your US location gives you the option of having a dedicated virtual assistant to work for your company. Your virtual assistant will be an experienced bilingual professional who can take care of all your administrative needs. A virtual assistant can answer phones, respond to emails, and handle the daily mail that doesn’t require your direct attention. An assistant can also prepare contracts, invoices and estimates; do bookkeeping and payroll; manage social media; help you prepare for presentations and meetings; and make travel arrangements. Your assistant will maintain regular contact to keep you apprised of everything that’s happening in the office, without you needing to spend time worrying about every detail.
Professional meeting rooms. Your virtual office offers a huge advantage for those times when you have to travel to your US site for meetings and conferences. A virtual office includes the use of professional meeting space, eliminating the need for scrambling to find a place to host clients. Your guests will be greeted by a professional receptionist and led to a conference room that is fully equipped with the technology you need to conduct a successful meeting. You will have access to the internet, fax and scanning services, video- and conference-calling, and more. You’ll have the option to reserve rooms on a regular schedule, or even make a reservation on short notice.
Secure file storage. You can be confident that the files generated and maintained by your virtual US office are stored safely and securely and are always available to you. Your virtual assistant will store everything in the cloud, from correspondence to contracts to presentations, so that all of your information is accessible to you from any location. Based on your preferences, originals can be shredded to protect your privacy and the confidentiality of your documents.
As you can see, choosing a virtual office for your new US location can save you both time and money. You’ll have the peace of mind of knowing that your business needs are being handled by dedicated professionals, leaving you free to concentrate on growing your company even further.
Three 3 key reasons why you need a virtual business address
A virtual business address can be a tremendous advantage to small business owners, especially those who work from home or from a small rental space. If this describes your situation, you should consider the following three key issues that make a virtual business address beneficial for your business.
1- A more professional public image. One of the main reasons that many business owners choose a virtual business address is the added level of professionalism it lends to their company. You might run the most professional business ever, but since image is key, your clients and customers will be more impressed by an address that denotes a more corporate image. Business cards that offer an address in a recognizable business district are likely to have more of an impact than those that imply a suburban environment, or a PO box number. It might seem unimportant when you are starting out, but as your company grows, you’ll come to appreciate the value of the image that a virtual business address presents.
2- Professional mail service. If you work from a home office, you are well aware of the hassles of having your business and personal mail sent to the same address, or having to go to the post officer every day to pick up your mail. When you use a virtual business address, your mail will be sent to that location and opened by an experienced handler, who will scan all items and either email them to you or store them in the cloud for your access. If you use a virtual office assistant in addition to your virtual business address, all mail can be handled according to your instructions. Your assistant can answer correspondence, deposit checks, file documents, and toss out any junk mail that you don’t need to see. A virtual business address is also ideal for business owners who receive a lot of packages. You’ll no longer need to worry about missed deliveries or having to spend time running to the post office of delivery location to pick up packages. Everything will be delivered to your virtual business address, and you can schedule pick-ups to suit your schedule.
3- Save time and money. Many small-business owners spend a good deal of time away from the office, meeting with current clients and traveling to secure new accounts. If this is the way you work, maintaining an entire office is an unnecessary expense of both your time and your money. When you return from a trip, you can spend the better part of a day going through the mail that’s accumulated in your absence. That’s time that can be better used working. If you rent corporate space, your office has been sitting empty while you were away, meaning that you were paying hard-earned money for nothing. A virtual business address eliminates these problems. Your mail will be opened daily, no matter where you are. Since you will have cloud access to all of your documents, you won’t fall behind. And you won’t be paying for unused space.
A virtual business address is a great way for a small-business owner to alleviate some of the pressures of the workday. By boosting your image, eliminating the need to worry about the daily mail, and saving time and money on a traditional office, you will add value to your business and be better able to work productively on making it grow.
Getting started with a virtual office is easy. Here are six steps that will have you on your way to success with a virtual office:
1. Choose your location. Using a virtual office makes it possible to locate your company in any city you choose. Select your location and establish a virtual business address, which is located in a recognized business district, letting potential clients see that your company is professional and competitive. With a virtual office, you aren’t limited by borders. Opening a location in a different city, or even a different country, is easier and less expensive than ever.
2. Hold all calls. Your business calls will be answered by a professional receptionist at your virtual office. No more time lost answering the phone throughout the day; send everything to your virtual receptionist, who will take messages and forward only those calls that you need to answer.
3. You’ve got mail. Just like the telephone, your chiming email alerts take you away from your productive day to check your inbox. Let your virtual assistant take care of the daily emails, answering routine questions and correspondence, and only sending through the messages that require your attention.
4. Forwarding address. Your virtual business address is also the perfect solution to handling your daily mail. Have incoming mail forwarded to your virtual office address, where it will be opened and handled according to your instructions. Junk mail will be tossed, important mail scanned and sent to you electronically. Packages can be received for you, eliminating multiple trips to the post office or UPS location.
5. Get lost in the cloud. Let your virtual assistant manage all of your documents with secure cloud storage. Free yourself of worrying about whether you have the right files for a meeting; everything will be available to you regardless of your location. Business trips and spontaneous meetings won’t be a problem when you let your virtual assistant file everything where you can always see it.
6. Stop micromanaging. One of the most important steps in choosing a virtual office is giving up the need to micromanage every detail of your business. Whatever your field, your experienced virtual assistant will handle the day-to-day details for you. You’ll get regular updates on everything that’s happening, and will be able to leave the small details to someone else.
If you are considering using a virtual office, take these six steps now. It’s easy to do, and you won’t regret your decision. The extra time you have to build your business will be its own reward.